On average, large IT projects run 45 percent over budget and 7 percent over time, while delivering 56 percent less value than predicted. Having a budget tracking is therefore crucial to support you as project manager in monitoring your spendings, the remaining budget and the upcoming costs.
Using a budget template can help make the process a little less intimidating. This tool allows to track your budget at different spending levels (categories and sub-categories). The visualisation is supported with graphs that immediately highlight under-spendings and over-spendings.
The tool can be further improved and adjusted to your specific needs. The macros are easy to understand and can be further developed as they are not password protected.
- Budget tracking :
- actual versus plan
- sub-total and grouping by 2 category levels
- Drop down list to select the visualisation level (categories or sub-categories)
- Drop down list to define the graph criteria (under-spending, over-spending, not started, etc)
- 3 graphs
To download this tool, click on the following link :
- This tool is free
- It can be modified by the user
- Cannot be redistributed or sold
- PC Excel 2016 : OK
- PC Excel 2013 : OK
- PC Excel 2010 : OK
- PC Excel 2007 : OK
- MAC – Excel 2016 : OK
- MAC – Excel 2011 : not tested
- Language(s): English
- Revision 2
- 3565 Downloads