A RACI or Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM) describes the participation by various roles in completing tasks or deliverables for a project or business process. It is especially useful in clarifying roles and responsibilities in cross-functional/departmental projects and processes.
The R & R matrix provides a comprehensive visualisation of who does what in the project, avoiding redundancy of roles or dilution of responsibilities. RACI is an acronym derived from the four key responsibilities most typically used:
- R : responsible.
- A : accountable (or approver).
- C : consulted.
- I : informed.
- RACI Matrix:
- Persons in charge (x-axis)
- Activities (y-axis)
- Roles & Responsibilities (Matrix)
- Excel formulas to check some key values:
- Each activity has at least one R (responsible, leader)
- No activity has more than one responsible person (accountability)
- Highlight the members that have no responsibility (consider efficiency improvement ?)
- Highlight the members that have too many roles
- Legend & definitions
To download this tool, click on the following link :
- This tool is free
- It can be modified by the user
- Cannot be redistributed or sold
- PC Excel 2016 : OK
- PC Excel 2013 : OK
- PC Excel 2010 : OK
- PC Excel 2007 : OK
- MAC – Excel 2016 : OK
- MAC – Excel 2011 : not tested
- Language(s): English
- Revision 2
- 6345 Downloads